Hello all :)
So I thrifted this hat for two dollars a couple weeks ago, but the brim of the hat just felt a little bulky to me and it had black ribbon glued onto it which I didn't love. I knew I could fix it really easily (which is why I bought it anyway) and here's how it went:
This is how the hat looked originally.
I loved the big bow but didn't like the ribbon brim...
So I cut it off with my trusty sewing scissors. They're probably gonna need to get sharpened now.
Then, to keep the hat from doing this...
I put a thin line of hot glue around the whole edge of the hat.
Ta da! The whole thing took me like ten minutes and I'm so glad I bought this hat. I can't wait to wear it with vintage dresses in the summer!
Off to drama class where I will sing and act with my friends :)