Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My 10 favorite Art and Independent Films from the last five years.

Hi :)
So I don't know about you, but I love art films. I can't get enough of them. I love movies in general, but art films especially because they stick with me. I love getting new ideas and drooling over beautiful acting and clothes, but most of all I love all the innovative stories. Sigh.
Here are my top 10 favorites from the last five years.




Rating: R
This movie was lovely. It had a sortof choking depth through the whole thing that kept you from feeling happy, but in a way that wasn't unpleasant. It was extremely thought provoking and I thought about it for days afterword.





Rating: R
I loved this movie! It was hilarious and poignant. Colin Firth plays his role with such brilliance and dignity.




Rating: PG
Oh, this is such a beautiful movie. Gorgeous clothing and styling and fantastic acting. The story is breathtaking and so sad...




Rating: PG-13
This movie is so inspirational! Audrey Tautou is lovely as Coco Chanel and the clothes are to die for. And it's in french, which makes it all the more wonderful!




Rating: PG
Wow, what a beautiful story this is! The romance between Queen Victoria and Prince Albert is so amazing and I love the historical pieces of this movie.




Rating: PG-13
A fun movie. :) Zac Efron does a good ol' job with his young character Richard who "makes it big" in a production of Julius Ceasar. Claire Danes is fantastic as usual.




Rating: PG-13
Loved this movie. Carey Mulligan is so beautiful and does a great job portraying a young schoolgirl looking to grow up a little too fast. The clothes in this movie are incredible!




Rating: PG
What a sweet movie. A gentle story and good acting make this easy to watch, and I adore movies about old-time theater!




Rating: PG-13
This movie is eclectic and eye opening. Elle Fanning plays a little girl struggling with a disorder known as Tourette's syndrome.

#10. Bella



Rating: PG-13
This movie is beautiful and sad, but so full of redemption and forgiveness. It shows that even when an earth-shattering event threatens to tear up your life, it's still possible to find hope and light again.

Yay for amazing movies. :) Have a great Thursday everyone!
-Kierna

2 comments:

  1. Now a day’s filmmakers are bringing changes in the movies pattern and independent films directors taking new steps in the making. It will be a good thing for audience at least they got to see some fresh new ideas.

    independent films

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here as a reference from my friend, he keep saying that you write some good article and after reading your article I am amazed by it. I am working in a SEO Company and it feels good to read something useful.
    SEO Company

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love to read what you have to say and I'll do my best to reply back. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...